Tuesday 4 November 2008

YES WE CAN!!!

Martin Luther King Jnr. said it in his speech, “I Have A Dream.”

The brooding statue of America’s 3rd president, Abraham Lincoln offered many an optimist the desire to dream.

They said it would be a long day coming before we could ever see a Black man run for – and win – the presidency.

Well, they said pigs would fly….

And here we stand today; the 5th day of the month of November, the year 2008.

The day when history was rewritten.

The day change came to America. And to the rest of the world.

The day everyone waited with bated breath for that bell to toll the good news.

The day Senator Barrack Obama became the 44th president of the United States of America.

The day when it was indeed noted worldwide…that never has it been more fashionable to be black. Black, firm, proud, strong, ambitious, intelligent, wise and ready to serve.

I salute Barrack Obama.

His life is the stuff of legend.

YES WE CAN!!!

1 comment:

wlademer said...

please correct the name BARACK.
I appreciate your thoughts and comments but please fix the name of the 1st Black American President of the US.
I am not into politics neither I am a US Citizen but as could happen to anyone who writes wrong my name I will yield out loud to be corrected if I notice some mistakes on it.
Greetings from California US.
I wish you could publish some pictures or photos of the normal daily life there in Nairobi Kenia.
Thanks for your time.
Be Happy.
Be Free.
Be You.