Thursday 9 September 2010

Passing stars…


Just read of Rich Cronin’s passing on my way to work and my heart skipped a beat. Okay, so like some of you are asking, who the heck? He was one third of the famous 90s to early 2000 rock boy band LFO. Still not getting it? Okay, let me try again – think the all-time hits, Summer Girls, Life Is Good, Girl on TV or Every Other Time. You know, if you aint getting any of this then I’m not even sure why we’re even having this conversation in the first place…


Man, this takes me back to my early campus days (trust me, it aint as way back as I’d like everyone to believe) when I used to jam all the greatest rock hits and Billboard Top Tens…this definitely got me through what was probably one of the most gruelling and stress-inducing passages through my life – campus. Okay, fine campus is meant to be that moment in life where you “discover” yourself and if your lucky, make it through school without engaging in all manner of self-destructive behaviour et al. Oh, and have quite a whoop of a time while at it.


I did have fun – yeah, major fun…so I guess the rock helped. Plus the first mixtape I ever got from a guy was this cool rock CD that had awesome LFO, Linkin Park and all the other cool rock bands you could ever name in a heartbeat.


So it kills me to hear of yet another loved rocker’s demise…it kills me.


R.I.P Rich.


I’m loving: Life is Good - LFO

1 comment:

willpress said...

That's really sad news... yeah, I too had my angst rock era and LFO formed some small part innnit but Liknin Park formed a predominant part of my diet...May Rich truly get some divine rest after the hustle an bustle of this life..

Oh and btw Likin Park have a new album out called A Thousand Suns..