Friday 15 July 2011

Back to Black

I was rummaging through my wardrobe the other day and came to the sudden realisation that almost everything I own is black.


Black tees, black leggings, black shirts, black skirts, black trousers, black jackets, black bras, black panties, black shoes. Black, black, black.


So, I was looking for something light and airy to wear and I thought...hmm, wouldnt it be interesting to kinda just always be in ...black?


Oh, wait I'm already doing that.


See, I have been for a while now, that elusive pop of color in an otherwise dull office environment.


I'll put on something rather drab and instinctively add a dash of neon without a care; it could be neon polish a la Rihanna style, a neon top or scarf and I'm set to tackle the dinosaur that is corporate Kenya.


I mean, black isnt even my fvourite colour, as I'm in love with blue and purple and green. Oh...which reminds me, I have a think for the aqua colours again...hmm, topic for another day?


Anyhu...so I'm just starting to think that maybe I should fade to black. After all, isnt it like the most functional hue anyone can have in their wardrobe?


Plus it would go perfectly well with my mood of late.


I guess its time to embrace the snide remarks; "Who died?" or "Hey Bride of Frankenstein"

But then again, there arent that snide a people in my yard. All wishful thinking.


Release the doves!!


I'm loving - Fade to Black by Jay Z

2 comments:

Nyambura said...

I find the all black look (when nicely put together) very chic...as for the dark moods, I think we'll only worry if you start going heavy on the eyeliner, paint up the nails in black & cease to smile :-)

Cathy W said...

true true.
the moods...well, seeing that i oscillate between Taylor Momsen-like angst and Ke$ha-like animosity, i doubt the heavy eyeliner is that far off my sights.
JUST KIDDIN!!my disposition is as sunny as a daisy