Tuesday 16 September 2008

Looking back...

http://www.eastandard.net/politics/InsidePage.php?id=1143994954&cid=289&

I came across this interesting article, just as I was ruminating over issues regarding our country’s CEO’s performance record.

I must say, dude hit the nail precisely on the head. And with this in mind, I can only add my 5 cents worth: this country was more or less better off in the Moi days.

Yup, there I said it. Now bring out the rungus and machetes…but before you cast the first stone, you might want to think about this a bit. Go on, chew on this piece of cud…

Does anyone honestly feel that this country’s institutions are much more efficient than they were some 8 years ago?

True some exceptions can be drawn, and even some privatized institutions have a lot to show for themselves. But I sincerely miss the days when Moi would just crack the whip and all disgruntled and unruly "chieftains" would be back on track, toeing the line. True, the former CEO was a bit too heavy on the “Big Man” character, but I feel in the long run, this country was spared a lot of mudslinging and name calling as is now the norm amongst our MPs.

Well, we may draw comparisons for an entire decade but methinks Moi knew how to keep his country well oiled and running. Of course, it reached a point when democracy(which can be very very loud) had to have the day; but I wish Kibaki would have borrowed a leaf or two from the “Professor of politics”…

No comments: