Wednesday 16 March 2011

Not Nate!


So like I was doing my usual rounds on the internet when I got an IM from a pal - Nate Dogg's gone.

Suffice it to say that I was shocked. I mean WTF???

Nate Dogg-bandana wearing,smooth,mellow,swagalicious...



It seems like every other day, another bright, shining star leaves the music industry feeling orphaned. Its like, for every true talent that leaves the earth, a hail of auto-tune backed "singers" emerges. Seemingly, this dearth of true artists like Nate, MJ and so on, will not be mitigated.

Its saddening that he's gone. Nate's contribution to hip-hop cannot be overemphasised enough; he was truly legendary.

The internet is awash with tributes, the blogosphere sparking with fond memories of the man. I passed here and couldn’t help but notice how much Nate was loved and appreciated by his fans.

Man…I don’t even know where to begin. All I can say is hip-hop’s lost a real artist, a real star, a legend.

R.I.P Nate

I’m loving Regulate - Warren G ft Nate Dogg

3 comments:

Emigee said...

Rest In Peace Nate, you gave hiphop a unique voice, something that could be loved and you did it well. no one can be what you became to hiphop.

Nyambura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy W said...

amen to that.